Annual Parish Meeting 2017
ANNUAL PARISH MEETING 2017
The Annual Parish Meeting of all electors took place on MONDAY 8th MAY 2017 at 7.00 pm at the YAPTON & FORD VILLAGE HALL*, MAIN ROAD, YAPTON.
The minutes can be found here:
ANNUAL PARISH MEETING FOR THE PARISH OF YAPTON
The Annual Parish Meeting was held on the 8th May 2017 at the Yapton and Ford Village Hall.
Present: Mr Ambler, Mrs Sally Beard, Mrs Pamela Evans, Mr Gadd, Mr Haymes, Mrs Vicky Newman, Mr Pickthall and Mr Sprules.
Also present: County Councillor Jacky Pendleton, Mr Gardiner (Clerk of the Council), and 16 members of the public.
Apologies for absence were received from Parish Councillors Mr Clark and Mr Kendall.
1. Resolved – That the minutes of the meeting held on 9th May 2016 be approved as a correct record and that they be signed by the Chairman.
CHAIRMAN’S REPORT 2016/2017
2. The Chairman referred to his Annual Report for 2016/2017 which dealt with the activities of the Council during the past year. It was noted that an illustrated copy of the Chairman’s Annual Report would be included in the May issue of the Council’s magazine, Yapton News, which is circulated to all households in the Parish and was due to be published shortly.
3. Resolved – That the Chairman’s report for 2016/2017 as presented be adopted (copy attached to minute book).
4. The Clerk presented a copy of the Parish Council’s Statement of Accounts and the Annual Governance Statement for the year ended 31 March 2017.
5. Resolved – That the Financial and Annual Governance Statements for the year ended 31st March 2017 as presented be adopted (copies attached to minute book).
STEPHEN ROE CHARITY
6. Resolved - That the draft accounts extracted from the Annual Report (currently undergoing Independent Examination) for the Stephen Roe Charity for the year 1st January – 31st December 2016 as presented be noted (copy attached to minute book).
PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
7. There were no general questions raised at the meeting.