Annual Audit of Accounts 2017/18 - Period for the exercise of Public Rights and Inspection of the Accounts
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 states that Yapton Parish Council must comply with the following:
1. Date of announcement: 1st June 2018
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b) Andrew Gardiner, Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
38 Ruskin Avenue, North Bersted, Bognor Regis, PO21 5BW
on 01243 859141 or by e-mail: Clerk@yaptonpc.gov.uk
commencing on (c) __Monday 4 June 2018 _______________________
and ending on (d) ___Friday 13 July 2018 ________________________
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
Moore Stephens, (Ref SW/cc)
Rutland House, Minerva Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough
5. This announcement is made by Andrew Gardiner, Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
A copy of the formal notice is shown here.