Annual Parish Meeting - 14th May 2018
ANNUAL PARISH MEETING FOR THE PARISH OF YAPTON
The Annual Parish Meeting was held on the 14th May 2018 at the Yapton and Ford Village Hall. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.
Present: Mr Ambler, Mr Dunkley, Mrs Pamela Evans, Mr Gadd, Mr Haymes, Mr Kendall, Mrs Vicky Newman, Mr Sprules and Mr Pickthall.
Also present: County Councillor Mrs Jacky Pendleton, Mr Gardiner (Clerk of Yapton Parish Council) and 13 members of the public.
Apologies for absence were received from Parish Councillor Mr Clark.
1. Resolved – That the minutes of the meeting held on 7th May 2017 be approved as a correct record and that they be signed by the Chairman.
CHAIRMAN’S REPORT 2017/2018
2. The Chairman referred to his Annual Report for 2017/2018 (circulated with the agenda) which set out the main points and dealt with the activities of the Council during the past year. It was noted that an illustrated copy of the Chairman’s Annual Report would be included in the May issue of the Council’s magazine, Yapton News, which is circulated to all households in the Parish and was due to be published shortly.
3. Resolved – That the Chairman’s report for 2017/2018 as presented be adopted (copy attached to minute book)
4. The Clerk presented the copy of the Statement of Accounts and the Annual Governance Statement for the year ended 31 March 2018.
5. Resolved – That the financial statements as presented be adopted (copies attached to minute book).
STEPHEN ROE CHARITY
6. Resolved - That the audited accounts extracted from the Annual Report for the Stephen Roe Charity for the year 1st January – 31st December 2017 as presented be noted (copy attached to minute book).
PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
7. There were no public questions raised.